Freitag, 6. Dezember 2013

Eyeliner - Holika Holika vs. TheFaceshop vs. p2


So today I'm going to compare 3 eyeliner. 2 gel eyeliner and one pen eyeliner.

The first one is Holika Holika's "Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner" I just bought it a month ago from ebay and it got in HIGH SPEED in my hands. I was so suprised, because I never got anything in less than a week from abroad.
As some of you might know Holika Holika is a korean brand same as TheFaceShop.


I like that it's a gel eyeliner as a pencil. Although I hoped they would use a bot more fancy design, like turning the back of the pencil so that the mine comes out. Not to sharpen it. If it has to be sharpened then maybe out a sharpener on the backside....But I guess it was too "cheap" for that? For the handling therefore, it definitely got some negative sides. The design is very classic and simple. There is also a lot in there so that you don't have to worry about it going empty. I actually never got a cosmetic really empty....! I don't know why...

Using it, I think the eyeliner is a bit too hard so that it's uncomfortable to use. I don't know how to describe it but when you try to draw the line, your skin kind of holds it back and the line will not be straight anymore, more a mess. It doesn't slide so easy as other eyeliners. That could be because it's still count as a pencil and my experiences with pencil are that they definitely don't slide as good as eyeliner pens while drawing.

Despite the uncomfortable use, the color is really really rich. So it's really black black. More black than my other p2 gel eyeliner (check out my first post).


FACE it extreme brush pen eyeliner


Here we have another korean brand eyeliner. TheFaceshop is famous for its natural ingredients. Honestly I don't have any knowledge about which ingredients are good or bad, natural or not, so I will not even try to write something about it. 


So as you see the brush is really nice. It's long and sharp, therefore you can draw really nice lines with it. The eyeliner ist convenient for people who only need one thin line on their eyelids. The results are very precise. I often use it to draw the end of the line (cat-eye). Unfortunately I always have to draw at least 0,4-0,5 mm thick lines on my eyelids or else it won't be seen. So the "FACE it eyeliner" won't help me very much because it draws really thin lines. 


The color ist calles Black Force. It's definitely black! It gives your eyes a big statement because it's precise and really dark. I think it's realy good if you want to have a fierce look on your eyes.


from bottom to top: Holika Holika "Jewel-light Gel Eyeliner", p2 "100% black gel eyeliner", 
TheFaceShop "FACE it pen eyeliner"




The eyeliner from Thefaceshhop dries really quick and is hard to smudge. My German p2 gel eyeliner smudges easily and Holika Holika Jewel-light eyeliner is good to smudge when you apply it but won't smudge easily after it dries off completely. (sry, for using "smudge" so often in one sentence...guess I need to improve my English again)



After trying hard to wash off the swatches (with only cold water) you can see that the Holika Holika fulfilled its promise of "waterproof". While the p2 product that also advertised with waterproof didn't really win the test. Thefaceshop "pen brush eyeliner" didn't mention anything about waterproof and therefore didn't stay really long under the water tab.


Would I recommend the products? 
It depends of what kind of an eyeliner you're looking for. For a mature, fierce and hard look, which lines are thin and very precise go for the "Face it eyeliner" from TheFaceShop. Although it's not my really my favorite because I'm more for the soft and natural look in eyes. But it does its job. Though not perfectly as it loses its color over the day so that it kind a looks greyish already.
Looking for a waterproof one that go with Holika Holika "Jewel-light eyeliner" although you need to sharpen it and the applying on the eyelid may be a bit hard as it doesn't slide so easy. 
For the p2 gel eyeliner as I already said inmy first post, it's the one I'm using at the moment (actually using the jewel-light and p2 eyeliner at the same time). It's easy to use but smudges a bit too much over the day and the brush is not really good to draw lines.










Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen